From L.A. to Rome...gluten free all the way!


Tuesday, April 17

A Week Before Lift-Off

Preface:  I'm a little over a week out from starting this gluten-free culinary adventure.  Last night, I made some g-free fusilli with a sage mushroom creme sauce...Gotta love RP's pasta, which I conveniently buy at my neighborhood Whole Foods Market.










The pasta is so close to wheat pasta, texture & taste - it's amazing! Without the bloated aftermath of traditional pasta, no price to pay (except at the WF's register).  Well worth it, I say.


This next week will be bitter sweet as I tour my favorite g-free haunts and kiss friends goodbye, and struggle with: What to bring?  I normally take rice milk, maple sugar, a box of Kind Bars, dried fruits & nuts, a giant vegan g-free cookie, too many clothes & boots in a variety of colors.  This time, I've gotta streamline!


Now, I'm off to yoga...
Pace e bene,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment